So what's going on at New Brighton?
Well... since it underwent a £60 million redevelopment scheme, there’s a load of stuff to do there!
You can go bowling or play Laser Quest at Riverside Bowling
Or watch a film at the Light Cinema - relax in comfy seats and watch in 3D! And while you're at the new Marine Point complex, there are restaurants, coffee shops and even an ice cream parlour.
You could visit the New Palace Amusement Arcade - which includes a small fairground.
Or maybe watch a show at the Floral Pavilion - music, theatre and more!
And there's Championship Miniature Golf at Kings Parade, just a short walk from Marine Point.
Along the coast, there is Fort Perch Rock, which is a coast battery defence, open throughout the year. It features an ‘Aviation and Archaeology Museum,’ as well as the 'Luftwaffe over Merseyside' permanent exhibition.
The lovely Vale Park is further along the promenade.
Not got much money?
www.visitnewbrighton.com suggests over 20 fun things to do in New Brighton that are FREE. No-one is ever too old to do some of this stuff!
- Go for a walk on the beach
- Go paddling on the shore edge
- Build sandcastles
- Explore the rock pools
- Go pond dipping
- Get your camera out and take photos
- Go crabbing
- Walk along the river promenade
- Take a walk around the gardens at Vale Park
- Listen to the bands at the Vale Park bandstand from 2.30 - 4.30 on a Sunday afternoon
- Fly a kite
- Ride your bike along the promenade
- Visit the New Brighton Heritage Centre
- Sail a model boat on the model boating lake
- Play tennis
- Play games on the beach
- Make pictures out of driftwood
- Lie down and see what shapes the clouds are making
- Watch the different boats coming in and out of the River Mersey
- Visit the Black Pearl
- Collect some shells
- Play on the dips