What is Sexual Health Wirral?
Sexual Health Wirral is a new service bringing together local NHS organisations and Brook to make it easier to access support, information and services to people across Wirral. Sexual Health Wirral provides free and confidential information, advice and treatments for people living in Wirral regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or sexuality.
The service offers sexual health screening (tests), treatment, advice and contraception to men and women of all ages, as well as support for those who are having problems with their sexual health.
The service offers:
- clinics seven days a week
- new clinic locations and extended opening hours
- contraception and emergency contraception
- free sexual health testing and treatment available at all clinics
- single-sex clinics
- young people’s clinics across Wirral
- a dedicated website
- a confidential helpline
T: 0151 514 6464
Why might I go to a Sexual health clinic?
- emergency contraception (if you have had unprotected sex in the last 72 hours)
- a range of contraception choices and treatments to suit your needs including free condoms
- specialist contraception service for menopausal women and people with complex needs
- pregnancy testing and fertility advice
- pregnancy advice – pre-pregnancy and pregnancy decision counselling
- referral for termination
STIs and HIV
- information, testing and treatment for all STI’s (sexually transmitted infections)
- chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis screening and treatment
- HIV Screening
- menstrual problems and concerns
- cervical smears
- recurring vaginal thrush or discharge
- genital skin problems
- men’s sexual health problems and concerns
- Hepatitis B vaccines
- PEP/PEPSE Treatment that may prevent HIV infection following a needle injury or unsafe sex (Must be provided within 72 hours of exposure)
- psychosexual counselling and specialist services