Fed up of mum and dad taxi? Want to get to school, college or work independently? Travel Trainers may be able to help!
Travel Training can help you to make a journey between two places on your own and safely.
How can Travel Trainers help you?
Travel Trainers can offer you one-to-one sessions to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to carry out journeys independently and with confidence. This can be very helpful especially if you have not travelled alone before.
The journey can be as simple as accompanying you to a new place like school or college for the first time, or you can have more detailed support if you are not sure how to use public transport at all. Also, teach you the skills or knowledge required to plan and carry out a journey
- for Wirral residents
- aged 14 or over
- you would like extra help to learn how to use public transport
Starting a New Job or Training Course?
Since you live in Wirral, the Wirral Travel Solutions Team may be able to offer you the following free solutions to help you overcome transport barriers so you can start a new job or attend a training course:
- a personal journey plan
- up to one month free travel on public transport
- a brand new bicycle and safety equipment
- aged 16 and over
- starting a new job or training course
- living or travelling to: CH41 – CH46, CH49, CH62, CH63
- job must be at least 16 hours per week for 12 weeks
- training must be at least 16 hours per week for 4 weeks
Complete an application form online
Find out more
If you'd like to find out more about the travel support you could receive from Wirral Travel Trainers and Wirral Travel Solutions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 606 2049.